These were really quite tasty. If you’re not on keto I’d suggest 85/15 or maybe even 90/10 lean ground beef, but for the Keto Diet these are the best! Quick and easy to make meals are always my favorites, but only if they’re delicious too!
Makes 18 Poppers
1.5 lb Ground Beef (We used 73/27 though I think we’ll go for 80/20 next time)
5 slices bacon
1 Large Egg
3/4 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Cheese (We used Cheddar)
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
1 tsp Onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F and move rack to middle position.
2. Combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. (I personally like to combine the wet ingredients, then the flour and spices, then the meats,)
3. Mix the ingredients together with your hands, mash it up really well. (If you don’t like getting your hands in the food you could probably use a potato masher.)
4. Spray two 12 muffin pan with non-stick spray.
5. Taking small chunks at a time, roll the mixture into small balls (not so big that they overflow the muffin tins, but not too small either, a bit larger than a golf ball) and place in the tins.
I placed 9 in each tin, leaving center holes empty.
6. Place on middle rack at 350F and cook for 30 minutes. Add 10-15 minutes if you’re coming both pans at the same time.
7. Wait for 5-10 minutes before eating!
Macros: 188 calories per popper, 16g fat, 1.7 total carbs, .6g fiber, 1.1 grams Net Carbs
Note: With the high fat content in the meat we selected, the poppers were soaking in their own grease once I removed them from the oven. I did use a fork to set them on a paper towel lined plate so they wouldn’t get soggy. These were even better as leftovers! You can dip them in a keto friendly sauce if you’d like, but the entire family ate them plain. YUMMY!