This was our first time cooking spaghetti squash and it was pretty good! I think I originally saw the base version of this recipe on allrecipes.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (we used baby portobello)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 oz sliced olives
- 1 cup feta
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Halve and seed the squash and place it face down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 45 minutes (or until knife slides in easily).
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic, then add onions and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms release their liquid.
- Stir in tomatoes and heat through.
- With a fork, scoop the stringy flesh out of the skin and toss with the mushroom mix, feta, olives, and basil.
- Dish is great cold or hot!