Black Bean and Tortilla Bake
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Lightly saute garlic, onions, tomato, and green onion.
- Add cumin, and chili powder and cook on medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add tomato sauce and cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in beans, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Spray a 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 4 tortillas, 1/4 cheese, and 1/3 of the bean mixture; repeat 2 more times.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, covered, then 10 minutes uncovered or until bubbly.