Posted by request. Will get pictures up the next time I make it!
Easy-Peesy Overnight Bread
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
- Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms. (don’t expect the dough to look even and smooth, it won’t!)
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 – 18 hours. Overnight works great.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- When the oven has reached 450 degrees place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from the oven and drop in the dough.
- Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- You can add additional ingredients to spruce this up. Try different herbs and seasonings to your liking. I like cheddar and garlic powder, but you could try sweet additions, nuts, lemon, dried berries, or whatever you’d like.