Pierogies with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1 (1 lb) package pierogies
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (or tablespoons apple juice)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cook pierogies according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook stirring occasionally until mushrooms and onion are tender and lightly browned (about 4 minutes)
- Stir in sherry and cook until evaporated.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine.
- Stir in milk and broth, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in cream and pierogies.
- Serve immediately!