Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, slices
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together.
- Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend.
- Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.
- Serve immediately!