Chicks in a Nest
- 1 20 ounce package pre-shredded hash brown-style potatoes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 small sweet onion, coarsely grated
- 2 vegetarian sausage patties, chopped into small bits
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dozen eggs, scrambled
- Crème fraicheand/or chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F., and lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the first eight ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spoon potato mixture into each prepared muffin cup until about 1/3 full.
- Gently press the potato mixture down in the middle and up the sides of each cup.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. If the nests have puffed up too much in the center, scoop out a little with a teaspoon.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of scramble eggs into each nest and top with crème fraiche and chives.