We made our own mozzarella this week!
We’re going to make a caprise to use some of it and who doesn’t want to eat more quinoa? This recipe only serves 2-3 but easily multiplies.
Sweet Caprise Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Few ounces of Mozzarella
- 45 or so basil leaves
- 30 grape tomatoes halved
- Put the quinoa, water, vinegar, honey and salt in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil then cover and lower to a simmer until all the liquid is absorbed. This usually takes about 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prep the other ingredients. Chop the basil, halve the tomatoes and cut the cheese.
- When quinoa has finished cooking, scoop it into a bowl.
- Top with the rest of the ingredients and toss everything together.