- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup milk or cream (can use soy or any other milk substitute)
- 1 avocado
- zest of 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- a splash of rum (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 20 spears, cut in half)
- 3 green onions, cut into thin strips
- olive oil
- 12 ounces whole wheat linguine
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a processor and whip it into a frenzy until you have a nice, faintly green colored, and very fragrant creamy consistency.
- Season with s&p and set aside.
- Slice the asparagus pieces in half lengthwise.
- Heat a spoon or two of olive oil in a saute pan then add the asparagus.
- Saute on medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the green onion strips and continue cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- Season and cover.
- Cook the pasta until al dente then drain.
- Add the pasta to the saute pan with the asparagus and green onions and toss together.
- Add the sauce and toss until the pasta and veggies are coated.
- Serve immediately!