These were simple and tasty. We baked our tostadas in the toaster over. Be sure not to put to much oil on your tortillas or they won’t harden properly. Our son ate his like a taco because I added too much olive oil!
1 can (16 oz.) refried pinto beans
1 1/2 cups guacamole
1 cup light sour cream
1 tsp. Taco Seasoning
1 cup grated Mexican Blend Cheese
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced black olives (or use a 4 oz. can sliced olives)
6-8 whole wheat flour tortillas, 6 or 8 inch inch size (or already prepared tostadas)
olive oil for greasing baking sheet, about 1 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 450F with baking sheet, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove baking sheet, drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on it and spread around with a paper towel, and put flour tortillas on the baking sheet.
- Toast tortillas in the oven until they’re crisp and barely starting to brown, turning several times. This will take less than 5 minutes so watch them carefully.
- Put the refried beans in a bowl, stir to break them apart, and microwave 2-3 minutes, or until they’re hot. I add a bit of salsa to them.
- Stir the Taco Seasoning Mix into the sour cream.
- Chop the onions, slice green onions, and slice the olives.
- Put crisped tortilla shell on a plate and top with:
–a thin layer of refried beans (1-2 tablespoons)
–a thin layer of guacamole (1-2 tablespoons)
–a thin layer of seasoned sour cream (1-2 tablespoons)
–several generous pinches of finely grated low-fat cheese
–thinly sliced green onions
- Serve with salsa if desired!