Hearty Tofu Chili
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 package extra firm tofu, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- In a medium bowl, blend chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, sugar, and cayenne.
- Crumble tofu into bowl of spices and stir until coated. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and carrot for five minutes.
- Add red pepper and sauté for five minutes.
- Mix in tofu and cook for five minutes.
- Add tomatoes and black beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve!