These are really one of those very forgiving recipes. Add whatever you want. I like making “almond joy” brownies with coconut and almonds, but you could add candy, chocolate chips, marshmallow, other nuts, cherries, instant coffee (that’s one of my favorites too) and anything else you can think of! These are easily (and frequently in my house) doubled.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Plus Whatever Flouts Your Boat, like:
- 1-2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 cups Raisins
- 1-2 cups Chopped Maraschino Cherries
- 1-2 cups chopped nuts
- 1-2 cups M&Ms
- 1-2 cups Reeses
- 1-2 cups Coconut
- 1-2 cups Dried Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease an 8 inch square pan (or if doubling 9×12) or line with foil.
- In a medium bown combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt until you no longer see any flour. Don’t overmix!
- Fold in “Whatever Floats Your Boat”
- Spread in pan evenly and bake for about 25 minutes (30 minutes if doubling). If doing the toothpick test, they should come out with moist crumbs, not dry.
- Let cool completely before cutting.