This is a great and versatile recipe. We usually just make it as is, but you could easily add mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, and more. Also try different kinds of cheeses. Tonight, we’re actually making it with some homemade mozzarella.
Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 lb muenster cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Heat oil in skillet over med. high heat. Add onion and saute until browned, about 5 min.
- Add spinach and cook until excess moisture evaporates.
- remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Add cheese.
- Stir egg-cheese mixture into onion-spinach mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Turn into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake until top is browned and toothpick comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.