This was delicious! I’ll try to remember to take a picture of the leftovers, because I scarfed down my plate too quickly to get a picture!
- 4 cups sliced zucchini(about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (or Panko)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large pot; bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and partially mash with a potato masher.
- Combine zucchini mixture, quinoa, cheddar cheese, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl; stir gently.
- Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Preheat broiler. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned.