I’ve always loved a creamy mac & cheese, but I just can’t buy the Kraft stuff anymore. This one looks interesting, and even though it calls for a can of cheese soup, hopefully it will be better, cheap, and still relatively healthy.
- 1 (16 oz) package shell macaroni
- 1/2 cup of stick margarine or butter (melted)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fat-free half & half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (can use 2%)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
1. Cook macaroni according to box directions; drain.
2. Place cooked shells in a 5-quart lined or greased crock pot; add margarine and stir. Cover.
3. In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine soup and the half & half, stirring until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs and dry mustard; stir.
5. Add cheese and stir until melted. Sauce should be smooth.
6. Pour cheese sauce over the shells in the crock pot.
7. Cover. Cook on Low for 2-4 hours.