Warning: These brownies are decadent, chocolatey, and taste just like almond joys! (Well not exactly, but very close!) I put all the dry ingredients and vanilla in a jar for friends and family for holidays sometimes. Otherwise you really just throw it all together. The directions are for making it as a jar gift!
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (wipe jar after this layer)
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped whole almond
- 1 1/4 cups flour, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (not diet) or 3/4 cup margarine, melted (not diet)
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Sprinkle almond extract on coconut and toss to blend.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.Attach the following instructions on a gift tag:
Almond Joy Brownies:
- Makes 2 dozen brownies.
- Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Add: 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine melted, 4 large eggs, slightly beaten and mix until completely blended.
- Spread batter in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, then cut into 2-inch squares.