- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder (or dried minced onion)
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt (or seasoning salt) omit if using a salty bouillon cube
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or 1 vegetable bouillon)
- 1 cup mexican blend cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 white corn tortillas
- Bring Quinoa in vegetable broth to a boil, then lower heat and add seasonings. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- While Quinoa is cooking, preheat oven to 350.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Spray both sides with cooking spray or brush gently with olive oil (I’m using homemade cooking spray which is just 1 part olive oil to 5 parts water)
- Lay directly on the oven rack and bake for 6 minutes (alternatively you could buy chips and crush them, but I prefer this method.
- Layer the tortillas on the bottom of a casserole dish and cover with quinoa.
- Top with black beans
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve with salsa