This was tasty for sure. I’m not sure I’ll make again though, I have better and even easier pasta dishes.
- 1 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken broth, made from bouillon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb rotini pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in butter, over medium heat, until soft, not brown.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, broth, creams and seasonings to taste.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and stir into pumpkin, simmering 2-3 minutes more until thick.
- Stir in parsley and garnish with romano, more parsley and pumpkin seeds if desired.