I made up this recipe on the fly. I knew I what I wanted, but hadn’t really preplanned the recipe. When the time came to make it I just kind of threw together what I had and it turned out pretty awesome! I’ve never cooked rice in anything but water, but I was pretty happy with these results as was the rest of the household.
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 tablespoon red curry paste
2 cups vegetable broth (we used bouillon)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 inch minced ginger
1 small onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 can of chickpeas (also know as garbanzo beans)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook rice in vegetable broth with 1/2 tablespoon curry paste. (We used a steamer, putting water in the bottom and the broth and paste directly in with the rice)
2. With 10 minutes left on the rice, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
3. Saute onion, garlic, and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add can of chickpeas and 1/2 tablespoon of curry paste, stirring to prevent burning
5. When rice is done, make a hole in the chickpea mixture and add rice, frying it up a little, then stir it all together and serve immediately.