These were beyond amazing! The only downside is that it can’t really cook longer than the time prescribed so be careful if planning to cook it while at work. Cook times and liquid amount will have to be adjusted.
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoom oregeno
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-0unce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 (6 to 7-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- Place first 11 ingredients (up through the broth) in a 3-to 4-quart electric slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting 6 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting 3 hours 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Spoon 1/2 cup quinoa mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and top with salsa, if desired.