Christina over at TeenieCakes got her recipe Pinned, and since sweet potatoes are a huge hit in my house (as a savory dish… we don’t like adding sugar and marshmallow to them) I thought I’d give this a try. Cheesy roasted sweet potatoes? I’m sure our son will love them!
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and position oven rack to middle position. Line the bottom of a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a medium sized bowl, place the prepared, cubed sweet potatoes, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, dried thyme.
3. Distribute the ingredients evenly to cover the sweet potatoes.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer the sweet potato mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread out the potatoes so that they are in a single layer.
6. Roast in oven for about 40 minutes -OR- until the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a sharp knife.
7. Set the oven to broil and broil until the tops of the sweet potatoes start to brown, about 8-10 minutes (keep an eye on the potatoes when broiling, as your time may differ and you want to take care not to burn them).
8. Serve immediately!