The Comfort of Cooking is the site that pinned this recipe originally, and they have a list of all the ingredients they think would work on these mini pizzas. They appear to be a thin crust, and we’ll be making our own sauce to go with them. You could also do a white pizza most likely, or really any kind you want. The dough makes two balls, and I will definitely save one of them. I can’t see us needing to double the rest of the recipe unless we have guests (since we are using these as a main dish).
Dough Recipe:Makes 2 balls pizza dough
1 (1/4 oz.) envelope yeast
1 1/3 cups warm water
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Chopped dried herbs, such as basil, oregano or rosemary, optional
1. Add the yeast to warm water in a small bowl, stir and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the yeast water. If you’d like, add dried herbs like basil, oregano or rosemary. Mix until everything is combined, and knead with a dough machine or by hand on a well floured board for about 8 minutes.
3. Oil two bowls lightly with olive oil and set aside. Divide the dough into two pieces and roll into balls. Place each ball into the oiled bowls, seam side down, and coat the tops with a little olive oil. Top each bowl with plastic wrap or a clean, dry towel and place the dough in a warm place (I use a turned-off oven). Let rise 2 hours.
4. Once risen, use the dough or wrap in plastic wrap, then a plastic baggie, and freeze or refrigerate.
1 ball refrigerated pizza dough, store bought or homemade (see recipe above)
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup Mozzarella
1/4 cup Parmesan
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
1 cup diced Mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil. Place pizza dough on a well-floured surface, press dough firmly with your fingers to shape, and stretch gently into a 12” x 8” rectangle.
3. With a round cutter (we used a big glass), cut dough into 18-20 rounds; place rounds 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Top each with pizza sauce, cheese, and spinach, and mushrooms.
4. Bake mini pizzas for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.