The chicken coating
3 -4 boneless chicken breasts
Tsp salt (more or less to taste)
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
The sweet and sour sauce
3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. (We use a meat replacement product that is already cubed)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.
- Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Place the chicken in a 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.