Okay, this was really good. I wasn’t sure what to expect. I thought it would taste like a mexican dish with the cumin and cilantro, but it doesn’t really in my opinion. I didn’t measure the ingredients exactly, but they’re approximate. It was delicious.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 15 ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno chili, minced
- salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa in the vegetable broth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro and scallions.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, bell peppers and chilies.
- Add the cooled quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate and serve cold. Can eat on it’s own or serve on chips!