I’m pretty sure this dish will be just as tasty cold as it is hot (though honestly I’ll problem reheat it anyhow). It’s very light and really easy. I was pleased with the turnout. Serves 6-8
2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
6 medium tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 box Cellentani (also known as cavatappi or spirali as well as other names)
3/4 cup whipping cream
¼ cup fresh parmesan (to taste)
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil.
2. Add tomatoes, sugar, basil, oregano, salt.
3. Bring to a boil, then simmer 15-20 minute, stirring regularly..
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
5. Stir cream into sauce and heat through
6. Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss thoroughly.
7. Add parmesan cheese to taste and serve immediately.