So let’s be honest here. This is probably one of the most unhealthy recipes we have. But you know, sometimes you just gotta deal with it. Don’t skin the potatoes. And if you use colored potatoes (purple, yellow, even sweet potatoes) they have a lot more nutrients than Idahos. Not that we’ve ever made them with different potatoes… just saying you could!
- 6 medium potatoes, baked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and drained
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped
- Cut peeled potatoes in 1 inch cubes.
- Place half in greased 13×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, and bacon.
- Top with half the sour cream and cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered at 350* for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions.