Delicious Mushroom Submarine Sandwich
o 2 slices mozzarella cheese
o 2 slices cheddar cheese
o 8 ounces portabellao mushrooms
o 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
o 1/2 cup honey mustard sauce (recipe below)
o 1 cup teriyaki sauce (recipe below)
o 2 submarine rolls
o salt ( to taste)
o white pepper ( to taste)
1. If using an oven, preheat to 350.
2. Saute the onion and portabello in a skillet until mushrooms release their liquid.
3. Add 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and season with salt and white pepper to taste.
4. Split roll down the center. Evenly spread 1-2 tablespoons of honey mustard and 1-2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce over top and bottom of roll.
5. Place 2 slices cheddar on bottom of roll and 2 slices mozzarella on top half of roll.
6. Spoon 1/4 mushroom and onion mixture over the cheddar.
7. Close roll and toast in toaster over for 3-4 minutes (or bake for 5 at 350).
o 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce ( soy sauce)
o 1 cup watero fresh grated ginger ( about 1 tbsp or to your taste)
o 3 tablespoons brown sugar
o 1 minced garlic cloves
o 2 tablespoons cornstarch
o 1/4 cup cold water
1. Combine 1 cup water, tamari, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup of cold water and add to sauce.
3. Stir constantly to allow the sauce to thicken.
4. If the sauce is too thick add a little water or tamari to thin. Makes two cups.
o 1/2 cup Kraft mayonnaise
o 1/4 cup mustard
o 1/4 cup honey
o 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar ( leave out if using for dip)
o 1 dash salt
o cayenne pepper
1. Whisk together and chill. Makes 1 cup