Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 30 minute
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces packages lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) containers sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with water to cover over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, drain, then combine with milk and 6 tablespoons of butter, mash and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the bacon, onions and garlic in the butter for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is fully cooked.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions and cool under running water.
- Place 1/2 of the mashed potatoes into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Top this with 1/3 of the cheese, followed by a layer of lasgana noodles.
- Repeat this with the remaining potatoes, another 1/3 of the cheese and a layer of noodles.
- Then arrange the bacon, onion and garlic over the noodles, then another layer of noodles, and finally top all with the remaining cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh chives.