- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes or 2 lbs roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- fresh basil leaves, chopped,to taste ( I use about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese ( fresh is best)
- Mix together the tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and basil.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, and rinse under cold water; drain.
- Mix pasta with tomato mixture until well-combined.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Just ignore the tortellini!