I’m sorry this was posted a day late, we ate it yesterday it was awesome, ate the rest today for lunch.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 cups cooked chopped, boneless skinless chicken breasts (we use Quorn fake chicken)
- 1 jalapeño, partially deseeded and chopped.
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup salsa (we use a tomatillo salsa)
- 4 tbs margarine (or butter)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Cook chicken breast in a skillet with whatever seasonings you like. We prefer chili powder, garlic, and onion powder with a dash of cayenne. Experiment. Because we use Quorn we heat 1 tbs olive oil in the pan before throwing the chicken in there then toss in the spices.
- About 3 minutes before chicken is done, add black beans, 2 tbs salsa, and jalapeño to the mixture. Cook until heated through. Make sure your chicken is done.
- Using a fork, gently shred the chicken then remove everything from the pan into a separate bowl.
- . Spread 1/4 of the mixture over half the tortilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup of cheese on top of the mixture then fold the tortilla in half.
- Melt ½ tablespoon of margarine in a frying pan, then gently lay the quesadilla in the pan cheese side up. Gently apply pressure on the top of the quesadilla as cheese melts. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium-low heat
- Spread another 1/2 tbs margarine on the top of the quesadilla then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 4-6 on the additional tortillas until done.
- Serve immediately.