- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions ( scallion work well too)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, (don’t drain!)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup parsley (or cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and ginger and sauté about 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add curry powder and stir to coat onions evenly.
- Add tomatoes with their juices and cook 1-2 minutes or until mixture seems slightly thickened, stirring well.
- Add black beans, chickpeas and salt to taste.
- Stir to coat beans evenly.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until chickpeas are heated through.
- Turn off heat, and stir in fresh parsley (or cilantro), and lemon juice.
- Serve warm over some jasmine or basmati rice.